Starting a company in Singapore as a Foreigner
Foreigners looking to start a company in Singapore can do so easily in Singapore.
In Singapore, there are a few basic requirements to be met before the company can be incorporated:
- Minimum 1 Shareholder, Maximum 50 shareholders
- Minimum 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum 1 Local Director (Singaporean/Permanent Resident)
- Usually Minimum paid-up capital of $1 with Minimum 1 Share
- Company must have a Singapore registered office address
- Desirable Company Name (Must Be Approved by ACRA)
In Singapore, it is necessary to appoint a local resident director in order to proceed with the incorporation. This is mandated by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and The Companies’ Act. This person must be a Singaporean, a Permanent resident of Singapore or a person who holds an Employment Pass/EntrePass with a residential address in Singapore (subjected to approval by the Ministry of Manpower). This holds true for all company structures, including private limited companies and sole proprietors.
What can I do if I do not have a local director?
If you do not have a local director, you can choose to engage a nominee director service when you incorporate with us. A nominee director functions as the director of a company for meeting the legal requirement to own a local director. The nominee director acts passively and his/her position in the company is limited.
Will companies with foreigners be subjected to different requirements?
No. In Singapore, the requirements for incorporation of a private limited (pte. ltd.) company are the same for both locals and foreigners. As long as all the basic requirements for incorporation are met, the company will be able to incorporate smoothly.
What should I do once I fulfil the basic requirements?
Once you have fulfilled the basic requirements, you can approach your company secretary or a corporate secretarial firm, such as Lionsworld, to assist you with your incorporation.
Once you fulfill the basic requirements, you can start your incorporation!
Have more questions regarding company incorporation in Singapore? View our FAQs for more information or send us an enquiry below!
Ready to Incorporate?
Set up your company in 1 hour, for just S$180!*
- Processing and Filing Fees – S$180
- Government Fees – S$315
- 50% OFF 1st Year Secretarial Service – S$300
- FREE Co-sharing Lounge and Business Clubhouse usage for 3 months from incorporation (worth S$165)
- FREE Marketing services (worth S$5,000+)
- FREE usage of Conference & Meeting Room for 3 months from incorporation (4 hours/month, worth S$200)
- FREE due diligence of up to 2 local officers (worth S$200)
- FREE Share Certificates
- FREE Company Profile
- FREE assistance for bank account opening with a bank of your choice
- FREE Memorandum & Articles of Associations
- FREE First Director’s Minutes
- FREE E-Certificate of Incorporation
- FREE Attestations and Witnessing
How to use our service:
If you are in Singapore
Simply come to our office with the NRICs/passports of all the directors and shareholders or fill in the online form here and we will get back to you shortly
If you are Overseas
Click here to submit the required information and we will get back to you shortly.
Ready to Incorporate? Arrange for a Consultation now!
Need more information?
Tel: +65 6336 9911
Whatsapp: +65 9869 5512
Visit us: 111 North Bridge Road #21-01 Singapore 179098
*Government fees not included. Clients also required to take up 1-year secretarial service, provided at 50% OFF. **Additional Charges (If applicable)
The package fee covers 2 persons for incorporation. Each additional person will be charged at $50.
A fee of $50.00 will be charged for each Corporate Shareholder.
A fee of $30.00 will be charged for any change in company’s name after reservation.
A fee of $60.00 will be charged for conversion from Business to Pte. Ltd. Company.
Payment by Credit Cards or NETS will be subjected to additional processing charges payable to government.
Package does not include customized M&AA or different Capital Structure